Historical & Regency Romance and Historical Fiction
- A Counterfeit Betrothal/The Notorious Rake by Mary Balogh (Historical Romance – 2-in-1 Paperback Reissues – $20). A noblewoman entices an aristocratic rogue into a fake betrothal in hopes that her estranged parents will reconcile in the charming double tale A Counterfeit Betrothal, while a frightened young widow reacts passionately during a thunderstorm and becomes the object of pursuit by The Notorious Rake.
- And the Miss Ran Away with the Rake by Elizabeth Boyle (Historical Romance – Paperback – $14). Rhymes with Love Series. “Sensible gentleman of means seeks a sensible lady of good breeding for correspondence, and in due consideration, matrimony” … Which is exactly the sort of advertisement that makes practical-to-a-fault Daphne Dale’s heart flutter. A sensible gentleman, in her estimation, is the perfect match, and she’s even more convinced once she’s exchanging sensibly romantic letters with her appropriate suitor. That is, until Lord Henry Seldon strays into her path. He’s everything she’s vowed to avoid – a rakish charmer whose touch seduces her practical sensibilities and her resolve … Lord Henry Seldon was not amused when his nephew placed an advertisement to find him a wife. Yet he couldn’t resist replying to the note from “Miss Spooner.” And once he discovers he’s corresponding with none other than the disarming Daphne, he finds it’s too late to disavow his heart. Now it is up to Henry to prove to Daphne just how insensible – and passionate – true love can be …
- Nicholas by Grace Burrowes (Historical Romance – Trade Paperback – $26). Lonely Lords Series. After a wild youth, Nicholas Haddonfield, Viscount Reston, has promised his ailing father he’ll finally take a bride, though doing so will force Nick to make impossible choices and face old, painful wounds … Leah Lindsey is glad to find refuge from her own desperate situation in a marriage of convenience with the gallant viscount. But soon convenience is not enough, and Leah can’t understand why Nick remains so distant. What is he hiding, and will he never allow her into his heart?
- The Marrying Season by Candace Camp (Historical Romance – Paperback – $20). Legend of St. Dwynwen Trilogy. Her brother Alec, Earl of Rawdon, has joyously wed his true love, but Genevieve Stafford anticipates no such unabashed emotion on her wedding day. The icily beautiful aristocrat is to marry Lord Dursbury, and love is not part of the bargain. But when someone frames Genevieve in a cruel scheme, the scandal shatters her engagement and her respectability. So why has Sir Myles Thorwood gallantly offered to marry her? Handsome, flirtatious Myles is her opposite in many ways, yet he understands her the way no other man ever has. Trumping her expectations of a loveless marriage, Myles shows Genevieve just what it means to be man and wife … but are his attentions mere kindness or true devotion? Will their passion endure for more than a passing season?
- Midnight Temptations with a Forbidden Lord by Tiffany Clare (Historical Romance – Paperback – $20). Dangerous Rogues Series. Tristan Bradley, the notorious Marquess of Castleigh, is a danger to any woman’s reputation. Devastatingly handsome and seductive, he delights in the challenge of a new conquest – especially when she’s engaged to a man he despises. But when this particular young lady asks him to dance, Tristan realizes he may not be the only one playing a game … Defiantly bold and disarmingly beautiful, Lady Charlotte Lindsey will do anything to break free from her loathsome fiancé – even destroy her good name to do it. What better way to seal the deal than a tryst with Lord Tristan, who’s led many a girl to ruin? But when Charlotte looks into his eyes – and Tristan takes her in his arms – all of their schemes melt away … because the heart has a plan of its own.
- By Love Unveiled by Sabrina Jeffries (Historical Romance – Paperback Reissue – $14). Restoration Series. Baronet’s daughter Marianne Winchilsea was running for her life from those who thought she was involved in an attempt to kill the king. Forced to disguise herself, she trusted no one – especially not Garett Locke, the Earl of Falkham, the man who usurped her family home and who seemed to be her most dangerous enemy … What Garett saw beneath her disguise was a beautiful half-gypsy, who was enrobed in mystery and secrets. A woman he should avoid at all costs. Somehow, in a world of treachery and passion, of seduction and betrayal, each would have to learn to trust the other, as a desire that could not be disguised turned into a passionate love that all the powers of the world could not defeat.
- Royal Bridesmaids by Stephanie Laurens, Gaelen Foley, Loretta Chase (Historical Romance – Paperback – Anthology – $14). A Return Engagement by Stephanie Laurens: Lady Nell Daughtry has her hands full getting her reluctant bride of a sister safely married to the Prince of Lautenberg. Then she learns that, in the wedding party, she’s paired with Robert Knightley … the fiance who walked away. The Imposter Bride by Gaelen Foley: Lady Minerva must ensure her country’s princess is wed to handsome Prince Tor. Then the bride bolts, and bridesmaid becomes – bride! Lord Lovedon’s Duel by Loretta Chase: When Chloe Sharp hears the Earl of Lovedon say her sister’s royal marriage is a match made in money, she challenges him to a duel – for love and honor.
- Let Love Find You by Johanna Lindsey (Historical Romance – Paperback Release – $20). Reid Family Series. Lovely Amanda Locke is everything a nobleman could desire, so why has she, a duke’s daughter, entered her third Season still unattached? Devin Baldwin knows what she needs to do to win a mate, and his unsolicited honesty cuts her to the quick. The renowned horse breeder, unafraid of ruffling feathers with advice as stinging as Cupid’s sharpest arrows, has successfully paired eligible young ladies with suitable gentlemen based on his theory of animal magnetism. Amanda finds this darkly handsome meddler insufferable, but with her sights set on an earl who is a horse enthusiast, she begrudgingly welcomes Devin’s expert riding instruction. When Cupid’s efforts backfire and Amanda captures the heart of the wrong man, an old family secret and a desperate suitor force her to risk everything to ensure that a thrilling passion turns into a lifetime of love.
- The Prince’s Bride by Julianne MacLean (Historical Romance – Paperback – $20). Royal Trilogy. Handsome Prince Nicholas of Petersbourg is an infamous ladies’ man, but even he doesn’t expect a flirtation at a masquerade ball to turn into abduction. Especially with a jailor as temptingly beautiful as the young woman on the other side of the locked door ... Veronique Montagne was desperate when she agreed to kidnap a prince to settle her profligate father’s gambling debts, and certainly didn’t imagine that her prisoner might sweet-talk her into helping him escape. Saving her home is now the least of her troubles, especially when the attraction simmering between her and the angry prince blazes into true passion. To save them both from scandal, Nicholas proposes a convenient marriage – but when a vengeful plot threatens to tear them apart, he discovers that Veronique’s love is what he desires most of all ...
- What Happens in Scotland by Jennifer McQuiston (Historical Romance – Paperback – $14). Lady Georgette Thorold has always been wary of marriage, so when she wakes up next to an attractive Scotsman with a wedding ring on her finger, it’s easy to understand why she panics and flees. Convinced that Georgette is a thief, her may-be husband, James McKenzie, searches for her. As both try to recall what happened that fateful night, they begin to realize that their attraction and desire for each other is undeniable. But is it enough?
- What a Lady Needs by Kasey Michaels (Historical Romance – Paperback – $20). Redgraves Series. Lady Katherine Redgrave has one mission – to find her deceased father’s journals, which may hold the key to a traitorous conspiracy that puts Kate’s family in danger. Kate vows to let no obstacle stand in her way … but when she meets Simon Ravenbill, Marquis of Singleton, her attention is diverted as the sinfully handsome nobleman tempts her beyond reason … Simon has a mission of his own: to uncover the truth about the secret society he believes murdered his brother. All he needs is to get to the Redgrave journals before Kate does. The solution is simple – he’ll romance the fiery beauty in hopes of distracting her from her quest, all while covertly searching for the diaries himself. Yet what begins as a charade soon becomes an all-consuming desire … one that could lead them down the most dangerous path of all.
- The Mystery Woman by Amanda Quick (Historical Romance – Trade Paperback – $34). Ladies of Lantern Street Series. Under the plain gray skirts of Miss Beatrice Lockwood’s gown, a pistol waits at the ready. For Beatrice is a paid companion on a secret mission – and with a secret past – and she must be prepared to fight for her life at any moment … Yet she is thrown oddly off guard by the fierce-looking man who joins her in foiling a crime outside a fancy ball – and then disappears into the shadows, leaving only his card. His name is Joshua Gage, and he claims to know Beatrice’s employers. Beyond that, he is an enigma with a hypnotically calm voice and an ebony-and-steel cane … Joshua, who carries out clandestine investigations for the Crown, is equally intrigued. He has a personal interest in Miss Lockwood, a suspected thief and murderer, not to mention a fraudster who claims to have psychical powers. The quest to discover her whereabouts has pulled him away from his mournful impulses to hurl himself into the sea – and engaged his curiosity about the real Beatrice Lockwood, whose spirit, he suspects, is not as delicate as her face and figure … He does know one thing, though: This flame-haired beauty was present the night Roland Fleming died at the Academy of the Occult. Guilty or not, she is his guide to a trail of blood and blackmail, mesmerism and madness – a path that will lead both of them into the clutches of a killer who calls himself the Bone Man …
- Season for Temptation by Theresa Romain (Historical Romance – Paperback – $20). Season Series. Julia Herington is overjoyed when her stepsister, Louisa, becomes engaged – to a viscount, no less. Louisa’s only hesitation is living a life under the ton’s critical gaze. But with his wry wit and unconventional ideas, Julia feels James is perfect for Louisa. She can only hope to find a man like him for herself. Exactly like him … As the new Viscount Matheson, James wished to marry quickly and secure his title. Kind, intelligent Louisa seemed a suitable bride … until he met her stepsister. Julia is impetuous – and irresistible. Pledged to one sister, captivated by another, what is he to do? As Christmas and the whirl of the London season approach, James may be caught in a most scandalous conundrum, one that only true love, a bit of spiritous punch – and a twist of fate – will solve …
- Season for Surrender by Theresa Romain (Historical Romance – Paperback – $20). Season Series. Alexander Edgware, Lord Xavier, has quite a reputation – for wickedness in all its delightful forms. But the wager before him is hardly his preferred sport: Xavier must persuade a proper young lady to attend his famously naughty Christmas house party – and stay the full, ruinous two weeks. Worse, the lady is Louisa Oliver, a doe-eyed bookworm Xavier finds quite charming. Yet to refuse the challenge is impossible – he will simply have to appoint himself Miss Oliver’s protector … Louisa knows her chance for a husband has passed. But she has no desire to retire into spinsterhood without enjoying a few grand adventures first. When Lord Xavier’s invitation arrives, Louisa is more intrigued than insulted. And once inside the rogues’ gallery, she just may have a thing or two to teach her gentlemen friends about daring …
(1) Please contact us if you would like to reserve a book. (2) Books priced at $20 or more purchased instore at Chapter are eligible for Book Loyalty Card stamps (except book specials).
Contemporary Romance & Romantic Suspense
- Robyn Carr – Informed Risk – Reissue
- Lori Foster – Bare It All – Undercover Series
- Nora Roberts – Whiskey Beach – Trade Paperback
- Sherryl Woods – Wind Chime Point – Ocean Breeze Series
Fantasy & Paranormal
- Jeaniene Frost – Twice Tempted – Night Prince Series
- Charlaine Harris – Dead Ever After – Sookie Stackhouse Series – Trade Paperback
- Sherrilyn Kenyon – Inferno – Chronicles of Nick Series – Trade Paperback
- Mary Balogh – A Counterfeit Betrothal/The Notorious Rake – 2-in-1 Reissues
- Candace Camp – The Marrying Season – Legend of St.Dwynwen Trilogy
- Amanda Quick – The Mystery Woman – Ladies of Lantern Street Series – Trade Paperback
- Lora Leigh and Jaci Burton – Nautier and Wilder – Trade Paperback
Mainstream & Chick Lit
- Sophie Kinsella – Wedding Night – Trade Paperback
- Allison Brennan – Stolen
- Sylvia Day – Entwined with You – Trade Paperback
- Christine Feehan – Leopard’s Prey
- Eloisa James – Once Upon a Tower
- Shayla Black – Ours to Love – Trade Paperback
- Susan Mallery – Just One Kiss
- Cathy Maxwell – The Devil’s Heart
- Linda Lael Miller – Big Sky Summer
- Julia Quinn – Bridgertons Happily Ever After – Trade Paperback
- Jill Shalvis – It Had To Be You
- Nalini Singh – Heart of Obsidian – Trade Paperback
- Sherryl Woods – Sea Glass Island
Please contact us if you wish to check availability or would like to reserve a book.
Web site updated 2 May 2013.